Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Treasure that is Yours Today



“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.“  ....Malcom S. Forbes
                                                                                                                               
(After surgery on my C-2 spinal nerves I'm a bit slow in getting back to writing my blogs. In the history here, there are a batch you might not have read. Meanwhile, please be patient while I heal this neck. Thanks!)


Oh what magnificent and marvelous things we could accomplish with ease if only we had more self-confidence. So this week will be a brief discussion about how we get self-confidence and how we keep it growing like a well-tended garden.

We only attain self-confidence by risking and winning. Risk expands our self-identities; without it we are stuck with those same levels of self-confidence we’ve always had. A person can study to be a great surgeon, but it is only through practicing continual successful surgeries (real scary in the beginning) that confidence grows and one truly becomes a great surgeon.

We all know people who take risks and yet never expand their self-confidence; what’s that about? Simply; they just do not accept their wins nor themselves as winners. A surgeon may do a difficult and successful operation yet if he or she does not afterward acknowledge the truth of what happened, nothing will change. He or she needs some affirmations to anchor that win.

It is like climbing a mountain and at the end of the day camping on a high slope only to awaken in the morning right back at the bottom again. If we don’t anchor our new levels of capabilities we will always wake up right where we started. Some will tell us that accepting ourselves as winners is self-aggrandizement, pride or arrogance. Yet such flaws do not attach to people with true confidence, they nearly always belong to those who feel small inside, who have a constantly melting veneer of self-confidence. Those who are truly confident have a quiet presence that expresses self-assurance without the haughtiness of egoism.

The confidence we’re looking at here is self-acceptance, self-validation, self-respect and self-love. There are four dynamic affirmations that help anchor a well-faced challenge. They are: “I am loved! ”I am blessed!” “I am safe!” “I am free!” These self-reminders have worked for me for years. When I have a hard time sleeping, or am agonizing over how I might have done something better, I set the goal of repeating them to myself fifty or a hundred times each, then watch as the cracks in the pool of  my soul heal and allow it to be flooded again with peace.

We are only effective to the degree we feel confident. This spring can be a new beginning for you, one of more laughter and a sense of freedom. Please use the Trask Triangle to help you form new levels of solid self-confidence. To learn more about the Triangle; read Romancing The Soul, Your Personal Guide to Living Free in a first-edition hardback for only $29.95 at Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Romancing-Personal-Guide-Living-hardcover/dp/0961216441/ref=sr12?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=12642067381&sr=1-2

Top athletes, musicians and even businesspeople have personal coaches. I would be honored to be your personal coach and to assist you as I have thousands of others who became healthier, wealthier and more filled with joy. Contact me now about meeting by phone, by email or in person. Ph: 425- 577-0556 Email: Bob@ARASFoundation.org

A bit of Humor for You:
“Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."
The priest asks, "Well now, is that you, little Johnny Brewer?"
"Yes, Father, it is."
"And the girl you were with, Johnny; who is she?"
"I can't tell you, Father, I don't want to ruin her reputation"
“Well, Johnny, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later, so you may as well tell me now. Was it Dorothy McGuire?"
"I cannot say."
"Was it Teresa Martin?"
"I'll never tell."
"Ah then, it was Paula Sanders?"
"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
"So could it have been Annie Johnson?"
"My lips are sealed."
"Alright was it Rose Levin, then?"
"Please, Father, I just cannot tell you."
The priest sighs in frustration. "Okay, you're very tightlipped, Johnny Brewer and I admire that. But you've sinned and you must atone; so you will not be allowed to serve as an altar boy for 4 months from this day. Now you go on and behave yourself!"
Johnny walks back to his pew and his friend Billy slides over and whispers, ”What’d you get?"
Johnny cups his hand to Billy’s ear and says: "Five good leads and four months vacation!"

This week’s Hero:
Steve Van Wambeck knows more about electronics and radios that anyone you can imagine. He spends much of his free time designing, transmitter and receiver stations for emergencies so that when disaster hits and the power goes out, police, fire and rescue personnel can still communicate. Steve also teaches Boy Scout troops ham radio skills and beyond those electronic contributions he does hundreds of hours of beneficial community work every year helping homeless and low income families who need clothes, food and opportunities to better their lives as well as gathering and preparing bikes for poor villages in Africa. Steve is such a quiet and humble guy, it is nearly impossible to get him talking about the good he does for others. While many men have hobbies such as fishing and golf that occupy their free time, Steve’s hobby is uplifting the lives of others. No matter the hour or what he may be giving up of his own freedom if he is needed, he will be there! If we each were bringing light to as many hearts and minds; what a wonderful world this would be! Steve Van Wambeck, it is with honor that we name you our hero!

No comments:

Post a Comment